A home is space, which is totally ours. It needs to be cozy and comfortable. It no longer solves the purpose if we have to squeeze-in ourselves into it. There might be multiple reasons for considering upsizing the current house, growing family being one of those, also the most important reason. Be it any reason, there are quite a few things to consider before deciding to upsize your home.
Things to consider
- In order to upsize your home you need to be in a position to afford it financially. The immediate solution would be loaning the required amount. Before arriving to that conclusion, working on how much exactly you can afford is crucial. Taking to the lender is an ideal way to resolve loaning terms.
- Having a clear idea about the purpose of the upsizing is required. Whether it is to improve the living conditions or is it a long-term investment needs to be answered. This would assist in choosing the right property.
- With bigger home comes bigger responsibilities. It increases maintenance costs, taxes, insurance etc. if the property requires any renovations; those costs need to be considered.
- Add on costs such as stamp duty are usually neglected. Stamp duty is the price tag for our house and comes in handy in resale. These costs should be involved in decision making to avoid any conflicts during the registration.
- If you currently own a house, are you planning to sell it? Can you handle the period between selling your house and buying a new house?
- Relocating or renovating, figuring out which is an ideal option for you.
- Is bigger really the better? Sometimes getting a house with more rooms need not be an ideal solution, they might be of smaller size. Making sure you buy only the space you use is as important as any other factor.
Who can help?
Looks like deciding to upsize your home is much more complicated than imagined. Figuring out everything by yourself may be tiring, time consuming and practically impossible as well. That is when the experts come into picture. Real estate is no new term. They are into the business and know exactly how and where things can be sorted.
Reaching out to the right agent will solve half of the headaches. They are in business, are aware of the market place, they know the surroundings; they have the professional network required. Once you have your requirements such as size, cost, locality figured out you can reach out to the agencies in the business, who can help you with the rest.
Move big to move up
A dream house will never remain the same. With time come constraints that require you to move to a bigger and better place. There are many factors to consider before doing so. Figuring out what to do, how to do, all by yourself can be humanly impossible. Leaving the job to experts with moto “you dream we achieve” is a smarter and simpler way to upsize your home.